If you like tuna as much as I do then you’ll DIE over these bite-sized Ahi Tuna Tostadas with Wasabi-Lime Crema! I pick up sushi-grade tuna from a local Japanese market. You will also need avocado, lime juice, fresh cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, wasabi paste, sour cream, tortillas and olive oil.
Slice tuna into small chunks. Using a circular cookie cuter (or an upside down 1/3 measuring cup) cut small circles out of tortillas. Heat olive oil in a skillet of medium heat until you start to see wisps of smoke come off. Add mini tortilla circles and fry for 20 seconds then flip and fry 20 more seconds or until golden brown and toasted. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to cool. In a medium-sized bowl smash avocado with the back of a fork. Add lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño and garlic and fold into avocado until well incorporated. Prepare wasabi-lime crema by mixing wasabi paste with sour cream and more fresh lime juice. Mix well.
Spread avocado mixture on tostada once cool. Add tuna. Drizzle wasabi-lime crema and top with more fresh cilantro. This appetizer is impressive yet easy! Try it out!
- 2-3 large tortillas
- olive oil
- ⅓-1/2 lb sushi-grade tuna, chopped into small pieces
- 3 avocados
- juice from 2 limes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ small jalapeño, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- ½ tsp. wasabi paste
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- Use a small round cookie cutter or an upside down ⅓ measuring cup to cut mini tortillas out of large tortillas.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet of medium-high heat.
- Add tortillas and heat for about 20 seconds per side or until golden brown.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate to cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl smash avocado with the back of a fork.
- Fold in juice from one lime, most of the cilantro, jalapeño and garlic. Mix well.
- In a small bowl mix together sour cream, wasabi and juice from other lime.
- Spread avocado mix on tostadas.
- Add tuna to each.
- Drizzle with wasabi-lime crema.
- Top with remaining fresh cilantro.