I have a tasty little side dish recipe for you all on this Wednesday evening. Feta Green Beans with Almonds! Its fast, healthy and you only need a handful of ingredients. Boil your fresh greens beans for about 5 minutes and drain. Throw them back in your pot and add some butter. Melt while stirring. Add a little salt and pepper. Toss with your feta and almonds and serve!
**You can buy pre-sliced almonds or make your own! Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Boil plain unsalted almonds in water for a few minutes and then let them sit. Strain and cool. Squeeze them out of their skins and then slice thin. Add them to a baking sheet sprayed with Pam and roast for a few minutes. Cool before serving.**
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp. crumbled feta
- salt & pepper
- Bring salted water to boil in a pot.
- Add green beans and boil for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Add back to pot and add butter over medium heat stirring occasionally until melted and combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Toss with almonds and feta.