Talk about the perrrrfect summer salad! Healthy, flavorful, fresh and easy to make! I absolutely love Caprese salads, however Brad isn’t a huge fan. This takes my favorite elements of the Caprese and adds then into a “normal” salad to get the best of both worlds! You will need: balsamic vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, garlic, onion powder, dried basil, fresh basil, romaine, grape tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella, avocado, salt & pepper. Did I mention this recipe is also low fat AND low carb?!
Your chicken marinade will double as your dressing. Mix together your balsamic vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, garlic, onion powder, ground basil, salt & pepper.
Cut chicken into thick pieces. Add to a bowl and drizzle about 3-4 tbsp. of your marinade over turning to coat. Marinate for at least 30 mins before grilling.
In a large salad bowl combine romaine, tomatoes, Mozzarella, avocado, fresh basil, and grilled chicken. Top with dressing and ground pepper and toss. (The hardest part about this recipe is not eating all the Mozz while you’re preparing it – you’ve been warned.) Enjoy!
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Put chicken in another bowl and top with about 3-4 tbsp. of the dressing/marinade. Turn to coat.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill over high heat for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a large salad bowl combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Add chicken and dressing and toss.