I apologize for the brief hiatus! My kitty, Phoebe, passed away, and I haven’t been in the mood to cook or post recently. She was 15 years old and lived a very spoiled, happy life but it doesn’t hurt any less. She was my baby, my best friend. However, I find comfort in the fact that she’s no longer pain, and hopefully I’ll be able to see her again one day.
On a more upbeat note, I have a delicious and extremely easy recipe to share with you! Lemon Feta Drumsticks are a fast, tasty, healthy crock-pot recipe.
All you’ll need for this recipe are chicken drumsticks (skin or skinless – I remove the skin to make them healthier), feta, fresh lemon juice, oregano, cayenne, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the drumsticks then sprinkle with seasoning. Repeat on opposite side. Place drumsticks in the crock-pot and cook on high 4-5 hours.
Remove from crock-pot when chicken is no longer pink and top with crumbled feta. Enjoy!
- 8-10 drumsticks
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. ground cayenne
- ½ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- Squeeze 1 tbsp. lemon juice on drumsticks. Sprinkle with half spice mixture.
- Turn drumsticks over, squeeze with remaining lemon juice, and sprinkle with remaining spice mixture.
- Place in crock-pot and cook on high 4-5 hours.
- Remove from crock-pot when chicken is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta.