This cocktail has holidays/New Year’s Eve written all over it! It combines bourbon, aperol, fresh lemon juice, rosemary-infused simple syrup and cranberry juice. I used to love cranberry juice, but I think I had too many vodka-crans in high school, and it kind of ruined it for me (earmuffs mom). Now that high school was loooong time ago, I’ve been incorporating it into more cocktails! Stay tuned! 😉 And try this one out tonight or tomorrow for NYE!
**Note: to make rosemary-infused simple syrup add 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to boil and stir until ice dissolves. Add rosemary sprigs to pan, turn down heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.**
- 1.5 oz bourbon (I used Woodford Reserve)
- 0.5 oz Aperol
- 0.5 oz fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 oz rosemary-infused simple syrup
- 4 oz cranberry juice
- Rosemary sprig, garnish
- Fresh cranberries, garnish
- Add all ingredients to a rocks glass with ice.
- Dump into a shaker and shake for 30 seconds.
- Dump back into rocks glass and garnish.