Chicken Piccata is one of my FAVORITE Italian dishes, and it’s so fast and easy to make! It’s impressive enough to serve to guests but you can also make it quickly for a week night meal.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bread chicken by coating first in egg, then breadcrumbs shaking off the excess. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and fry for 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for another 10 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare your angel hair pasta according to package directions and also prepare your sauce. Add a little more butter to the same skillet and melt. Add chicken broth, lemon juice/slices and capers. Capers have a unique salty taste that add lots of flavor to your dish! Scrape loose bits off the bottom of the skillet. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes.
Strain pasta when cooked but don’t rinse. Toss with more butter. Serve chicken with pasta and drizzled with your sauce. Top with fresh Parm and parsley.
Yummm. I just love the combination of fried chicken with lemon juice, cheese and the sharp, piquant flavor from the capers. I hope you do too!
- 2 chicken breasts sliced in half to thin
- 1 egg beaten
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp. butter, dived
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- A few slices of lemon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup brined capers, rinsed
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- fresh parsley
- fresh Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl beat egg.
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken in egg then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tbsp. butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once melted add two of your chicken pieces. Fry for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove to a baking dish.
- Add another tbsp. butter and repeat with other two chicken pieces.
- Remove to baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Add another tbsp. of butter to skillet. Add chicken broth, lemon juice/slices and capers.
- Scrape off the pieces of breading/chicken from the bottom of the skillet to incorporate.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once pasta is done drain but don't rinse. Toss with remaining butter.
- Serve chicken with pasta and drizzle sauce over the top.
- Top with fresh Parmesan and parsley.