Who doesn’t love a mouthwatering, gooey, Philly Cheesesteak?! I made this flavor beast a few weeks ago, and I wish I would have posted it back then, because I’m dying for another one now.
For my cheesesteaks you’ll need to grab a couple ribeye steaks, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, sub rolls, sliced Provolone, butter, salt & pepper. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Slice sub rolls and set each one on it’s own piece of aluminum foil.
Slice your onion and pepper into thick slices and chop your mushrooms. Heat a large skillet with butter until melted. Add your veggies and mushrooms and sauté in the butter over medium heat for 7-9 minutes. Remove to a plate.
Add some more butter to your skillet and melt again. Season your ribeyes (cut into small pieces) with salt & pepper. Add about half of the steak to the skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes.
Add half of veggies/mushrooms back to the skillet and sauté with the beef for another couple minutes. Season with ore salt and pepper. Divide mixture in half and separate to each end of the skillet.
Top each half on either sides of your skillet with two pieces of Provolone like so ^ until nice and melty.
Using a spatula CAREFULLY transfer the two separate philly insides to two separate sub rolls. Repeat with the remaining steak, veggies, mushrooms, cheese & sub rolls. Top with mayo or mustard if you’d like. Wrap rolls up in aluminum foil. Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
Allow to cool then serve! Preferably with steak fries. YUM.
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, sliced into thick pieces
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 6-8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 lb ribeye steaks, chopped into small pieces
- 8 slices of Provolone cheese
- salt & pepper
- 4 sub rolls
- aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Slice open each sub roll and place on it's own piece of aluminum foil.
- Add 1 tbsp. butter to a large skillet and heat over medium heat until melted.
- Add onion, peppers and mushrooms. Sauté for about 7-9 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp. butter back to skillet and heat until melted.
- Season steak with salt & pepper. Add ½ steak to the skillet.
- Cook for about 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add back ½ of the veggie/mushroom mixture. Season with more salt & pepper. Sauté for another couple minutes.
- Divide the mixture in half and move to opposite ends of the skillet.
- Top each half of the mixture with two slices of Provolone and allow to melt slightly.
- Carefully remove each mixture to separate sub rolls.
- Repeat with the remaining steak, veggies, mushrooms, cheese and sub rolls.
- Top with mayo or mustard if you'd like. Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.